Salary: $14.50 to $20.00/hour
19.5 hours a week Monday through Friday
Please submit letter of interest and resume to Lisa Green, Town
Administrator by Friday, August 5, 2022 at LGreen@Hanson-Ma.gov.
For a full job description, please click here.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for the development and implementation of a maintenance management system, (prevention,
predictive, correction and routine maintenance).
• Oversee the purchase, use and care of all maintenance equipment and supplies.
• Implement systems for regular maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds, including duties
such as mowing, snow removal, painting, etc.
• Schedule for routine maintenance and vendor contracts on equipment and services including trash
removal, housekeeping, recycling, septic, air conditioning, etc.
• Work with the Town Administrator, the Board of Selectmen and other various town groups to assess
and prioritize a working list of essential repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance needed
in town facilities.
Supervise and coordinate staff engaged in the maintenance and improvement of the Town buildings,
equipment, and other facilities.
• Train all maintenance staff and oversee job assignments
• Train and supervise staff in the proper use of equipment and small tools.
• Ability to motivate,, supervise and train maintenance staff and supervise contractors such as
electricians, plumbers, HVAC, mechanics and technicians.
• Schedules staff and is accountable for the quality and quantity of work done by subordinates and
contractors, to assures accomplishment of the assigned work in a prescribed manner.
• Approves vacation schedules and advises subordinates of performance requirements.
Work with the Town Administrator or Department Head in preparing the annual budget regarding
expenditures and the purchasing of equipment, supplies and inventory.
• Respond to emergency calls for all alarm services or building emergencies.
• Arrange for obtaining appropriate license, permits, external inspections including fire inspections,
electrical evaluations and health department inspections.
• Keep accurate records of work performed by staff, volunteers, vendors, and contractors.
• Maintain all warranty and manuals regarding all supplies and equipment.
• Develop and revise written standard operating procedures
2 W&P Approved 8-15-17
• Follow the Town of Hanson’s financial and procurement procedures.
• Conduct initial and end of season inventory
• Develop a schedule for checking the physical site and equipment for safety, cleanliness and good repair.
Cranberry Cove at Camp Kiwanee
The Hanson Recreation Department is still reviewing the current covid protocol before accepting applications for summer employment at Cranberry Cove. We hope to make a determination soon. Positions that are usually available are:
-Beach Director, $13.50 to $20.00. Full Job Description can be viewed here.
-Water Safety Instructors (WSIs), $13.50 to $16.00
-Lifeguards, $13.50 to $16.00 – Full Job Description can be viewed here.
-Gate attendants, $13.50 to $16.00 – Full Job Description can be viewed here.
*You may mail your application and any supporting documentation to the Town Administrator’s office at Town Hall: 542 Liberty Street, Hanson, MA 02341. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, be well!
Applications are available at the Town Administrator’s Office, 542 Liberty Street Hanson, MA 02341 and online at https://www.hanson-ma.gov/employment-volunteer-opportunities. (Lifeguard and WSI courses are available through the South Shore YMCA). Pay is commensurate with certifications and experience. Copies of all certifications must be current and included with the application. Applicants are subject to a successful background/CORI check. All positions will remain open until filled.